Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year...

After reading several blogs, facebook posts,and talking with friends about their "New Year's Resolution"...I started thinking about it. Each and every year I have always tried or attempted to make a New Year's Resolution but then would miserably fail or totally forget it until it was completely out of my mind. So many people talk about starting over or getting a fresh start, but this year I don't feel like I need "a fresh start." I look at this year as continuing on...I feel so blessed with my life right now exactly how it is. I am a mother to 2 amazing toddlers (I still think of them as my little babies!), I have a wonderful husband who is also a great dad, a loving, caring, and supportive family, close friends, a great job that allows me to help provide for my family, a roof over my head, and much more. So why would I want to "start over?" This is why I say to continue on. Yes there are things that I can improve on and I will work on them as the year goes on but I want to also continue with the great things I already have.

A few things on my "To Do List"...
-spend more time with my family
-have a monthly date night
-stay positive and not fall into easy gossip
-do something for myself every once in a while
-enjoy more of the simple things in life
-get a camera to pursue my love of photography
-do more DIY projects around the house
-complete the 52 Weeks Home Organization Plan
-go on our first family vacation with the babies
-update Paityn and Conner's baby books
-print pictures more often and put them in albums
-get up on time and not hit the snooze button

And speaking of the last thing on my "To Do" List I better get ready for bed :) Happy New Year!

1 comment: