Monday, September 6, 2010

Thank You!

Well, I have been on bedrest for 11 days now and it is definitely an adjustment from my usual day to day activities. I have to lay in bed or on the couch for 99% of the day which is not as fun as you would think. I am not allowed to leave the house except to go to the doctor and can only be up for a total of 1 hour a day. Even though it is extremely boring, Matt and I know it is best for the babies. With me on bedrest, Matt has also had an adjustment as well. He is doing a great job and I love him more and more each day for it! He brings me breakfast in bed, tends to the dogs, gets my laptop, phone, water, and snack before he leaves for work. When he gets home he cooks dinner if someone has not graciously prepared us a meal, tends to the dogs, does laundry, housework, dishes, etc... He is a wonderful husband :)

To help us out we have already had several wonderful friends and family make meals for us which is definitely a blessing and we want to say THANK YOU!!!! Last Monday, Aunt Doty made homemade roast and gravy, mashed potatoes, carrots, broccoli and some delicious homemade rolls! Wednesday, Dawn made for us yummy homemade mexican casserole, rice, and fresh baked cookies. Friday, Matt's Grannie made us fried pork chops, mac n cheese, corn on the cob, sweet potato patties, and sent us a jar of homemade pickles! Saturday, Matt's parents Doug and Joann brought us Little Ceaser's pizza, buffalo wings, and crazy bread and today our neighbors Rhonda and Mike made us homemade lasagna, garlic bread, and a fresh salad. Before bedrest, I usually always cooked dinner so these meals have been wonderful!!

Also, thank you for all of the prayers and support sent to my mom during this time as well. She had surgery the day after I was placed on bedrest at St. Luke's in Houston to remove a benign tumor and was able to come home over the weekend. So I thought about her in the hospital all week and she thought about me at home. She has began a long recovery but is in good spirits :)

We now are going weekly to see Dr. Bonds and go for a check up tomorrow. All has been well since our last visit so we hope to hear good news at our appointment. I will keep everyone updated on how things are going. Again, we want to say thank you for all of the prayers, kind words, meals, and support for us during this time!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Casey-
    I am here for you to do whatever I can. I love you and wish you, Matt and the sweet babies the best of luck. I can't wait to meet them, however it is still too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun blogging, it will definitely pass the time you have on bedrest and its the best way to keep everyone updated at one time. I've been thinking about you and believe me I know all the emotions you are going through so hang in there! If you need anything let us know!

    ReplyDelete